Every piece of Burton James furniture is handmade especially for you, therefore any changes you would like to make to an existing design are easy.
We work with designers and architects, manufacturing products that are uniquely their own, to their own specifications.
- Change the length, width or height of any frame.
- Can change an arm style
- Supply us with a special leg, or choose one from any other design in our line (where applicable)
- Choose your own cushion fill to satisfy your client’s needs
- As well as 12 standard finishes, we can color match any finish sample sent to us and supply you with a strike off for approval
- 8 way hand tying available on most frames if not already standard
- Add decorative nails to enhance your design
All furniture frames are constructed with 100% kiln dried hardwood. We never used engineered wood in any of our products.
The frames are corner blocked, doweled, screwed and glued to prevent racking and to guarantee a long lasting finished piece of furniture.
Many frames come standard with 8-way Hand Tying, using our Italian Ruby Red Twine.
8-way Hand Tying can also be a custom option for frames that are standard with our Sinuous Serpentine Springs.
Our Sinuous Serpentine Springs are 8 gauge steel, placed 3” apart and connected to each other with special cord and clips that give strength and durability to the system while also insuring that weight is evenly distributed. Then we cover the spring system with a protective barrier of burlap to insure that the foam and other materials layer properly for the most comfortable seat.